Take the UBC Quiz
A non-credit test of your UBC smarts.
1. Which former prime minister was hit with a pie in the face on a visit to UBC?
A: Stephen Harper
B: Joe Clark
C: John Diefenbaker
D: Pierre Trudeau
2. Which superhero spinoff show was filmed on the UBC campus?
A: The Flash
3. Which actor from 2013’s The Hobbit attended UBC?
A: Benedict Cumberbatch
B: Evangeline Lily
C: Orlando Bloom
D: Ian McKellen
4. Which famous couple has visited UBC Okanagan?
A: Harry and Meghan
B: Kim and Kanye
C: William and Kate
D: Justin and Sophie
5. Which sport is represented by a UBC Thunderbirds team?
D: ice yachting
6. Who named the Pit Pub?
A: Walter Gage
B: Kim Campbell
C: Rick Hansen
D: David Suzuki
7. The UBC library owns a rare copy of the “most beautiful of all printed books.” Its author is…
A: William Blake
B: Geoffrey Chaucer
D: John Milton
8. The UBC library owns a collection of letters written by…
A: Albert Einstein
B: Sigmund Freud
C: Charles Darwin
D: Ernest Hemingway
9. UBC has hosted which (current or former) head of state?
A: Barack Obama
B: Pope Francis
C: Queen Elizabeth II
D: Emmanuel Macron
10. The Museum of Anthropology is built on top of…
A: a buried treasure
B: a Cold War bunker
C: the ruins of another museum
D: World War II artillery batteries
11. UBC has a club for…
B: sewing and knitting
D: war re-enactments
12. Which of the following is not a program available at UBC?
A: cognitive systems
C: medieval studies
D: museum studies
13. Which UBC alumnus has spoken at UBC Okanagan?
A: Justin Trudeau
B: David Suzuki
C: Chris Hadfield
D: all of the above
14. In 2001, UBC Engineering students…
A: hacked the scoreboard at a Thunderbirds football game
B: graffitied the Buchanan building
C: rode horses down Main Mall
D: suspended a Volkswagen Beetle from the Golden Gate Bridge
15. The UBC campus has a replica of which famous statue?
A: the Statue of Liberty
B: The Goddess of Democracy
C: A-maze-ing Laughter
D: Christ the Redeemer
16. When Jerry Rubin stirred up a hippie revolution at UBC in 1968, students…
A: brought guitars to class and sang “Strawberry Fields”
B: started Vancouver’s first medicinal marijuana dispensary on campus
C: staged a love-in on the grassy knoll
D: skinny-dipped in the Faculty Club pool
17. Before Thunderbirds, what was the original name for UBC sports teams?
18. Which UBC building went up in flames in 1954?
A: Chemistry Building
B: Main Library
C: Iona Building
D: Brock Hall
19. Which school, founded in 1906, was a predecessor to UBC?
A: Vancouver University
B: Fairview College of Vancouver
C: McGill University College of B.C.
D: Vanier College
20. The UBC Okanagan athletic teams are called the…
B: Sun Devils