Responsible leadership: How should we face the future? What can I do?
In the wake of the pandemic and the social reckoning of the last 18 months, there’s a growing expectation for senior leaders to become more human-centred in their values, policies, and decision-making. On issues as varied as climate change, sustainability, social justice, and diversity and inclusion, we’re seeing the progress that can be made when we have leaders who are more accountable, responsive, and willing to listen. What are the challenges with this approach, and how can we overcome the barriers that may arise?
Hear our panel of experts discuss the values, ethics, and integrity required to demonstrate responsible leadership. Learn how you can contribute to this cultural shift, regardless of your position in an organization, or place in society.
Presented in partnership with the Faculty of Arts and UBC Sauder School of Business.
Stephen Quinn – Host, CBC Radio One’s The Early Edition
- Teara Fraser (she/her/hers) – Lead Executive, Iskwew Air
- Grace Quan, BA’99, MBA’01 – President & CEO, Hydrogen in Motion Inc.
- Daniel Skarlicki (he/him/his) – Professor, Edgar Kaiser Chair of Organizational Behavior, UBC Sauder School of Business, and Academic Lead of the Montalbano Centre for Responsible Leadership Development
- Jessica Tracy – Professor, Department of Psychology, UBC Faculty of Arts & UBC Sauder Distinguished Scholar
Referenced During the Webinar:
- Cheekbone Beauty
- Hydrogen In Motion
- Iskwew Air
- The Montalbano Centre for Responsible Leadership Development
Recorded December 9, 2021.