Matters of Life and Death
Nobody wants to think about, let alone discuss, the idea of dying or being critically or chronically ill. However, it’s precisely in these situations that you or your loved ones will have so many questions and not enough time.
- What’s the difference between palliative care, hospices, nursing homes, and long term care? How does the system make admittance decisions?
- What does DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) or “extreme measures” really cover and what other situations should be considered?
- How much authority does a family member have when the patient cannot speak for themselves?
- How do you ensure your organ donation wishes are carried out? Would your organs ever be refused? How common are living donations?
- What happens if I don’t have a will? What is a living will and what does it cover?